Celebrity chef, Manu Feildel, reveals his fail-safe, easy process to cook delicious, juicy chicken breasts – every time.
How often have you cooked chicken breast only to discover it’s dry and chewy? Or still pink inside? Here, celebrity chef, Manu Feildel, provides six simple steps to ensure your poultry is pan-fried to perfection – every time!
“Chicken breast is a versatile protein to use in salads, sandwiches and wraps, pasta and rice dishes, and more. This process cooks the chicken in its own juices and can be used to panfry plain poultry, or flavour in any way you want to spice it up for Mexican or Asian dishes,” said Manu Feildel.
Manu’s six-step process to perfectly pan-fry chicken breast is:
- Flatten the chicken breasts – pound the poultry to an even thickness.
- Season – with salt and pepper, or flavour with herbs and spices.
- Heat the frypan to a medium-high heat – lightly cover the pan with olive oil when it is quite hot, then lay the chicken on the pan in a single layer. Cook the chicken breast for 1 minute, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Flip the chicken breasts and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and check the chicken is cooked through – there should be no pink and when checking with a meat-thermometer, the inside temperature should be at least 74 degrees Celsius.
Manu has teamed up with Ingham’s – Australia’s largest poultry producer – to launch a range of Dinner Done recipes, as well as tips and tricks cooking with chicken and turkey.
For great tips, recipe ideas and more visit: https://inghams.com.au/dinner-done/
Ingham’s is the largest integrated poultry producer across Australia and New Zealand, employing 8,000 people. It supplies locally-farmed chicken, turkey and plant-based protein products to major retailers, quick-service restaurant (QSR) operators, food service distributors, wholesalers and to export channels. Ingham’s was incorporated in March 2016 and is listed on the ASX as Inghams Group Limited.
Ingham’s is proud to participate in the RSPCA Approved Farming Scheme as a Producer in Australia, with animal welfare and sustainability two of the company’s top priorities. For more information, visit inghams.com.au